Posted 11/22/2023 13:25 (#10492424 - in reply to #10487550) Subject: RE: Walk me through Deere Autopath & Data Sync
Good afternoon, PlanterGuy99! I work for the John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group and wanted to confirm a lot of the great information that's already been outlined in this thread by AutoPath users and shed some additional light on the topic. Before we dive in, I want to thank you for your business and willingness to try John Deere's advanced technology. We are working on getting video-based training tools created and uploaded to the Equipment Mobile App, so that people like yourself, have access to tools that will walk you through each step of the process and allow you to learn at your own speed. (If you do not already have this free app downloaded, I would encourage you to do so.)
1. You do not need to have a driven boundary created/uploaded within the Operations Center to use AutoPath™. This is something we highly recommend, but not a requirement.
2. You will need to be equipped with the following hardware/software to use AutoPath:
- Operations Center account (Data Sync or USB data transfer supported)
- AutoPath supported John Deere tractor (Your dealer will have access to a list of supported machines)
- John Deere Planter - SeedStar 2 or later (For prepopulated implement dimensions and track spacing in the display to ensure setup accuracy)
- Tractor AND implement mounted receiver | StarFire™ 3000 (RTK), StarFire™ 6000 (SF3 or SF-RTK), or Starfire™ 7000 (SF3 or SF-RTK); shared signal compatible.
(Complete a TCM calibration before getting started, and ensure your GPS dimensions are input correctly in the display within the ISOBUS VT setup screen)
- Gen 4 Display with an Automation 4.0 activation OR a G5 Display with an AutoTrac activation and G5 Advanced license.
- AutoTrac Implement Guidance is strongly recommended, but not required. (Included in Automation 4.0 and G5 Advanced)
3. AutoPath uses documentation data that is captured during a first pass 'source operation' (planting is a supported documentation operation), to automatically create guidance lines for the entire field for secondary passes (I.E. self-propelled spraying, crop harvest, etc.). AutoPath is the first product on the market that uses actual crop row location data from the first operation to create easy and accurate guidance lines for later operations. This allows customers like yourself, to start operations quickly with guidance lines they can use for the entire field. Think of the AutoPath process like this:
A. Complete a source operation (Data documentation)
(You are ready to record a source operation for AutoPath if you see a green light within the work setup screen indicating that all source operation requirements have been met.)
B. Send the documentation data to the Operations Center (Data Storage)
(Documented data can be streamed to the Operations Center using Data Sync & JDLink, otherwise, a USB data transfer will work as well.)
C. Use the stored data to create AutoPath plans to complete future passes/operations (Data Usage.) - Send plans via Work Planner or setup file to the display, again using Data Sync or USB.
(Operators will have a full field of guidance lines that can be used almost immediately when they arrive at the field.)
If you have any additional questions or need more detailed information on how to complete certain steps within the process, please let us know and we can work through them. All the best!