AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS map malfunction
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

marbro1
Posted 12/15/2006 19:55 (#74249)
Subject: GPS map malfunction

Southwest Iowa
I posted this question about a week ago over in the machinery forum and only got 1 response, so I thought I'd give it another try here. This was our first year using the CaseIH AFS system on a 2003 2388 that we purchased before fall. On the yield monitor, I had it so I could view the field map on half the screen while harvesting. I noticed that when it got dark outside, the line the yield monitor was drawing to show my position and the yield started to become spotty. It wasn't a solid, dark line like it was during the day. Before the time change, it started happening around 6:30-7:00. After the time change, 5:30-6:00. It wasn't all that big of deal and I thought once we had the maps downloaded and printed off, the lines would go ahead and connect the dots and it would show solid lines like it should. Well, that didn't happen and we have maps that have both solid lines and then connect the dot lines. It's not enough to make the maps useless, but I'd still like to look at them and have them look the way they're suppose to. The combine is set up just like it should've been when it came from the factory. Just wondering if anybody else has had this problem and what they did to correct it. I haven't talked to the dealer yet to see if they have heard of this. Just trying to get a jump on something that might be an easy fix. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Marbro1
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)