AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eating healthy foods
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 10/24/2023 06:06 (#10453606)
Subject: Eating healthy foods

Pittsburg, Kansas

Professor Tim Noakes being interviewed. There is quite a back story around this person. Was a runner himself and has coached world class runners for many years, Wrote a book about it called "Lore of Running". Got the carb part totally wrong. Only realized it after his health went down hill. Now has quite a different story. Quite a researcher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHXCVuMbSoU

Type II diabetes is a disease of excess insulin. High blood sugar is a side effect of the disease. Yet the medical community largely treats it with either drugs that cause insulin to increase or with more insulin in the form of shots. Treating the symptoms rather than the root cause. I followed conventional medical treatment for 30 years.

Not a diabetic? Watch the video so you know how to not become one. I wish I had this information 50 years ago. It was life changing four and a half years ago when I discovered it (although it took a couple of years to more fully understand it). I could have avoided diabetes altogether had I known (and was smart enough to follow what I learned) it many years earlier.

My recent HbA1c was 6.0. Pre-diabetic so far from perfect. But on no medication and no insulin shots. Compare that to my former 6.9-7.0 on lots of medication (diabetes and blood pressure) and 90-100 units of insulin a day in 4 shots of two different kinds of insulin. That is the power of lifestyle change.

Edited by John Burns 10/24/2023 06:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)