AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lasik eye surgery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

buck1400
Posted 9/30/2023 14:28 (#10422510 - in reply to #10422486)
Subject: RE: Lasik eye surgery

West Central Ohio
Had LASIK about 20 years ago; I was 39. Like you very nearsighted with glasses starting around 5th grade.
After LASIK very good distance vision and could read fine (see comment below).

Have been very happy overall. A few things to be aware of:

- Dry eye can be a problem after. Mine wasn't too bad. Will usually use some lubricating drops first thing in the morning.

- Reading vision can be affected. Mine was fine, but you lose the ability to remove your glasses to read better.

- Being very nearsighted "floaters" are common. LASIK did not increase them for me.

- About 5 years ago floaters started getting worse. Dr said it was age related and the fact I was very near sighted.
Ended up with detached retina in 1 eye. Had surgery that included a vitrectomy. Surgery went fine, retina reattached and much fewer floaters.
About 2 years after retina surgery I developed a cataract in that eye that quickly got severe. Dr said it is very common after vitrectomy surgery.
 Had cataract surgery on that eye which ended up fine with good distance and reading in the eye. Had some issues right after surgery
that Dr said was due to all the "work" that had been done on that eye.

So, long stary short I have been happy with the LASIK and would do it again. That said, some of the issues I had later may have been partially effected by the LASIK I had 15 years earlier.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)