AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

blood pressure med possibe issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

kstate90
Posted 10/2/2023 10:23 (#10424635 - in reply to #10413148)
Subject: RE: blood pressure med possibe issue

North Central Kansas
I currently take Losartan. I was on Lisinopril before. I had a period where my BP spiked and the Dr. thought I needed another med to lower it. He prescribed Metoprolol. It lowers your pulse rate. I started taking it in December a few years ago. Spring time came and I felt lethargic all the time. Every morning I would get up and by 10 am my head felt like it was swimming. My kids and I built a quarter mile of fence that spring. They thought I was being lazy because I couldn't do any physical activity for any period of time and I was wore out. We were planning an going on an Alaskan cruise at the end of summer so I decided I need to lose some weight and get in shape. I started walking but didn't seem to be gaining. Sister said get a fitbit and monitor my pulse rate. I started noticing that I could go on a 4-5 mile walk and my pulse rate never got over 70. I started watching my pulse through the day. I would get up and it would be 60-70. I would take my meds and by 10-11 am it was down into the 40's and it would stay there for the rest of the day. I looked up the meds I was on and figured out that the new drug was causing my issue. My normal resting pulse rate is 50-60 bpm. I didn't need a drug to lower it further. At first the nurse told me I didn't know what I was talking about on the phone. When I got to the clinic and my pulse was 45 bpm they decided I should stop taking it. After a few weeks I started feeling better and was able to lose some weight.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)