AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Blood Sugar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

DaveMk
Posted 9/22/2023 23:02 (#10412449 - in reply to #10409889)
Subject: RE: Blood Sugar

Indianajones - 9/21/2023 09:16

With my melanoma chemo treatment, one of the major side effects of it is it made me extremely diabetic. Been treating it for a year with metformin and keeping it somewhat in check, but here at the end of chemo, the treatment is overwhelming the meds.
What I don't understand is the fluctuation in sugar numbers and how it correlates to diet and meds.
yesterday I went for PET scan and my numbers have to be under 200 to get it. Being concerned I started taking an extra metformin on Saturday and watching my diet closer. My numbers yesterday morning was 157 before I went to the test. I ate nothing at all and didn't take my treatment meds and when I got there, my number was 193.
After the treatment I had some stuff to do and ate a burger for lunch, has an ice cream cone heading home. For supper I has a sandwich with chips, and some concoction my son made with eggs and pancake batter. My sugar this morning was 153.
Couple weeks ago, I ate nothing but protein for 4 days and my blood sugar stayed near 200. Ate everything I shouldn't of and it dropped to 160s.
I pray when the treatments are over in a few days my sugar gets back to a more normal range with the metformin but cannot under stand why there is no reasoning to how the numbers work.
INDY

You should watch Dr. Valter Longo on YouTube. He is the Director of the Longevity Institute and a professor of Gerontology and Biological Sciences at the University of Southern California. He has done multiple studies on the benefits of using a Ketogenic diet while undergoing Chemo. Keto will help with your high blood sugar during your chemo and it allows chemo to work without damaging surrounding cells that are not cancerous.

Edited by DaveMk 9/22/2023 23:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)