AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

neuropathy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/29/2023 19:16 (#10336433 - in reply to #10336375)
Subject: yes, I used to have it

Pittsburg, Kansas

Mine was not super bad yet but I was getting/having it. My feet would be cold in the winter while outside doing work yet at night I would sleep with the covers off of my feet because they felt hot. Tingling especially notable at night. I'm 69. Would have been about 63 or so when I first started having problems with it. Been diabetic for about 35 years.

I completely did away with mine about four years ago. Changed diets and healed my diabetes by putting it into remission. Got off insulin shots and medication within a short period. Knee pain went away quickly as well as back pain. I don't really remember when the neuropathy was healed in my feet and they quit bothering me. But sometime in the next year realized it was not there any more. I don't sleep with the covers off my feet any more. Once the body becomes well and what is causing the damage stopped, the body will take some time but will heal itself if the neuropathy has not went too far and done permanent damage.

Low carb/ketogenic diet did it for me. Got me off 100 units of insulin in 4 different shots a day. Off of two or three diabetic medicines and one or two blood pressure medicines. All by cutting out bread, pasta and starchy vegetables and foods with added sugar (being diabetic I was already on a pretty low sugar diet regime). Completely changed both my wife and I's health. I also quit eating foods with vegetable oils in them and went to all animal fat although I don't know that had anything to do with the neuropathy. I lost a hundred pounds in the process. Gave me a new lease on life. All by not eating the crap that was causing my problems in the first place. I eat mostly meat now (pretty fatty meat) with a few green above ground vegetables. 

Here is one of the doctors I followed to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn4O6wrs72M&t=254s&pp=ygUWZHIgbGVuIGJlcnJ1IG51cm9wYXRoeQ%3D%3D

Edited by John Burns 7/29/2023 19:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)