AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vacuum Sealers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 6/26/2023 10:24 (#10288415 - in reply to #10286773)
Subject: RE: Vacuum Sealers

East of Broken Bow
We got a Cabela's brand commercial rated chamber sealer.
There are two basic kinds of vacuum sealers, the ones that vaccum out the bag, and the ones where you place the bag in a chamber, and it vacuums the chamber with the bag in it.
For things like veggies, the standard vacuum ones work fine, are a bit faster, and much smaller and lower priced. However, they do not work well with things that have juice or liquids.
The chamber sealers can seal liquids. In fact, you can seal a bag of water if you want, and it will work just fine.
You can vacuum seal things like soup, meat in their marinade, etc, etc. If you are thinking of vacuum sealing anything like that, look towards a chamber unit. Otherwise a standard one might do you just fine.

One thing I might add, I often see the standard sealers at yard sales, garage sales, etc, but I have yet to see a chamber one. More than once, I asked why they are selling the standard one, and they said that they upgraded to a chamber style, and don't use the old one anymore.

Last thing to mention is that they use different bags, the chamber one works better with smooth bags, the standard one works better with the bags that are textured or ribbed on the inside which lets the air out better.
However, for a test run, can't beat a $10 yard sale unit that works. Not out much if you ever decide to upgrade.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)