AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pre-Diabetes, a new term to sell drugs?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

J_Wagfrm
Posted 6/13/2023 10:47 (#10268841 - in reply to #10268819)
Subject: RE: Pre-Diabetes, a new term to sell drugs?

South Western Michigan
Not that it's an excuse but I think most doctors just treat their patients as they think they want to be treated. I am 33, have lupus, sjogrens syndrome and have been overweight my whole life. When my current family doctor started treating me he mentioned my weight, diet, alcohol comsumption and tobacco use and i brushed it off as most Americans do. After awhile he quit mentioning that perhaps i should change my diet or exercise a bit and just reccomended a pill everytime i had a new ailment. I began to think he lost his passion for doctoring in general when in reality he had just decided i was always looking for the easy way out (a pill). Last fall I started having issues with my Lupus and decided i was tired of hurting all the time. I quit drinking, quit chewing tobacco, started eating a whole foods healthy diet and exercising for at least 1 hour every day. Since November I've dropped 90 #'s. After a month or two when he saw I truly cared about my own health i started getting treated in a whole new manner. The pill pushing mentality went away. After all that rambling i guess my point is I think doctors get tired of giving the same old speech to a bunch of lazy overweight Americans that they know arent going to change their life any.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)