AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sprayer clean out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 6/3/2023 11:06 (#10255206 - in reply to #10252924)
Subject: RE: Sprayer clean out

Middlesex County, Ontario
I have a 800 gallon sprayer with 110 gallon rinse tank and 2x rinse balls. The last thing I sprayed before cleanout was the goopy atrazine from the bottom of the last tote, and then the sprayer got parked for 2 weeks. Bad practice on my part.

I spent a long time with dish soap and tank cleaner and household ammonia trying to get things clean. Trying to get that sticky feeling off the tank walls. I'm embarrassed to say how long I spent. It probably would have been clean enough, but I didn't feel good about it.

So I gave up. I loaded up half a load of glyphosate. Used that to rinse the tank and recirculate through everything over lunch break. Went and sprayed some corn headlands that didn't really need it. No more residue after that, a couple water rinses and she's ready for fungicide in winter wheat.

I've learned the "just go spray some roundUp" lesson more than once, but I'm too stubborn to just start there.

RoundUp cleans out everything else. Cleaning out a sprayer from roundUp is really easy, just need clean water.

Edited by WildBuckwheat 6/3/2023 11:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)