AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere Turn Automation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bmatteson
Posted 5/28/2023 06:07 (#10246430 - in reply to #10246259)
Subject: RE: John Deere Turn Automation

NEND

Thanks for taking time to post the pictures, I appreciate it. I had mine turning reasonably good yesterday, even on 88’ of headland. I will try turning up the aggressiveness today. The only setting of yours I’d question is the turn angle. If you allow that tractor to turn 90° to the hitch on a DB44, you are going to have a bad day. With your minimum turn radius set to half the planter width, it probably won’t ever turn short enough to come close to 90°, but I wouldn’t want to chance it, I have mine set at 60°. Probably could be slightly tighter, but I don’t want to give it the freedom to turn the duals into the drag links on the planter.
In the end, I’m hearing you so you’re satisfied with a U shaped turn, maybe with your settings I can get closer to that. I just don’t like how the tractor has to overcompensate at the end of my turns to get the planter lined up. A slight light bulb shape (like it shows you’re supposed to be able to do with the Turn Aggressiveness setting) would be smoother.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)