AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere Turn Automation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bmatteson
Posted 5/26/2023 19:31 (#10244922)
Subject: John Deere Turn Automation

NEND
I thought I’d try the John Deere Automation 4.0 activation this year. Mostly for AutoPath and the combine /grain cart machine sync. It also has Turn Automation. So I’ve been messing with that trying to get it dialed in. I have an 8310R and a 44’ planter. It’s working, but I can’t make it do a light bulb shaped turn like you would manually. In the settings, it clearly shows a picture for the Turn Aggressiveness setting, where a lower number is supposed to make a light bulb shaped turn. I can turn it to the minimum setting of 50 and it still won’t turn a bit to the right before turning around to the left. I wondered if anyone had successfully made it do a light bulb shaped turn
Here’s my settings
Aggressiveness 100. (I’ve messed with this all the way down to 50 with no luck getting it to do a light bulb shape)
Minimum turn radius 15. Again, I’ve put this from 10-35 with no results). I would think you’d want it to be about half your planter width
Maximum Turn Angle is 60°
From what I understand, those are the settings that signify the shape of the turn, but I obviously am not getting sone setting adjusted so it turns like I would manually
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)