AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stop-fyre / halon gas and its place on farms?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 5/26/2023 09:46 (#10244331 - in reply to #10244206)
Subject: RE: Stop-fyre / halon gas and its place on farms?

No, most feel it's not a worthy investment as per replies to your last post and several other posts about them in the past.

It doesn't really matter the markup, just about everything now is overpriced. Though last time I looked they were around $400, now you say $1,000 so based on everything else basically doubling in price the last few years, yes they're overpriced based on that reasoning alone.

Most posters with an opinion, as both you and I have read, have better more cost effective (for them) ways of dealing with on farm fires.

Margins are tight for most farmers, so they must feel there will be a good ROI for anything they spend money on.

$1000 can buy a lot of fire equipment using water, especially with finding (plentiful) used tanks and even new pumps and hoses.

It's pretty obvious you're most likely NOT a farmer, that implies you're on the sales side, so your posts by their nature and wording just seem to most who have replied that you're just here for a (poorly) veiled sales pitch.

Farmers aren't stupid, and they know how other farmers talk. They can usually snif out a salesman a mile away. I've seen it here many times.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)