AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stop-fyre / halon gas and its place on farms?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Lookingglass
Posted 5/26/2023 18:40 (#10244867 - in reply to #10244206)
Subject: RE: Stop-fyre / halon gas and its place on farms?

Southwest Illinois
I pay a lot of money for good insurance. I am not going to turn around and spend $10,000 for 10 fire extinguishers. If a good 5lb ABC doesn't do the trick, I am going to drive home and call the fire dept. Partially burnt is a bad option. To me it's no fire at all or burn to the ground. A small 2lb unit under the seat will get a guy out of the cab safely. I am much more worried about protecting a life than trying to only have a half burnt up combine that the insurance company wants to patch back together using the lowest bidder. The stop fyre works, but in reality it is way out of the price range most guys are willing to pay. For $10,000 I can buy over 150 five pound ABC extinguishers. You know how farming is, you have stuff scattered everywhere. 10 probably isn't even a realistic number to be covered for most operations. The only way they sell them is with high pressure sales people. I thought I was going to have to call the cops to get the last one who stopped by here to leave. They will tell you how all your neighbors are buying them and they will drop all kinds of names. To me it's about as close to a scam as you can get.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)