AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cfx750 remote engage switch not working
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/14/2023 06:15 (#10228245 - in reply to #10228121)
Subject: RE: Cfx750 remote engage switch not working

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree. I have a CFX 750 myself with a Nav II and a momentary push button to engage the steering. The steering engages when the momentary switch is pushed and released. However the switch must be pushed and held for a bit before releasing it. Again the engagement takes place when the button is released.

If you push and release the button very quickly it will not engage. If you push button and hold it in, it will not engage. When you release it, it should then engage.

Even though I know this, I find that sometimes, I don't hold it long enough before releasing.

I believe the reason the steering engagement is made to work this way is for safety. This might prevent some inadvertent engagements due to obstacles accidently pushing the switch, bare wires etc.

My Ag Leader steering systems do not behave this way. They engage when the button is pushed with my old 8310 and 8120 with external steering valves.

I also have an Ag Leader steering system on my 8310R that works with the Deere CAN system. That means I must use the Deere engage switch that came with the tractor in the Command Arm.

I had trouble with it the first year as it would not reliably engage. I thought the switch was bad. It was but not in the way that I expected. It turns out that the Deere Steering engage switch is a multi-pole switch. When the momentary is pushed contact is made between the common and one terminal. When the switch is released, the switch should make contact between the common and a different terminal. My switch was making contact correctly when pushed but was not returning crisply as it should when released. So in a sense, the Deere was watching for the proper contact when pushed and also when released. A new switch solved the problem. My tractor is a lease return from a vegetable processing company. I suspect Mountain Dew or some other sticky liquid may have gotten spilled around my switch while out on lease.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)