AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Felt like an old man, glad it only lasted 72 hours...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

fishand run
Posted 5/3/2023 19:26 (#10214825)
Subject: Felt like an old man, glad it only lasted 72 hours...

Bloomington and Putnam IL
Ran the Thursday night Green Street mile at 90% and the Friday night Illinois 5K as fast as I could (3rd of 69 in the 55 to 59) and jogged at the wife's pace on the Saturday morning 10K. Felt great after the low energy burn 10K and couldn't resist the little cartons of post race chocolate milk (had 2). We got in the food line and the post race plate was cheese pizza and cookies. My wife said I just ran 6.2 miles and I'm not eating this crap so I ate her "food" also so it didn't get waisted. Woke up Sunday morning with my sugar "trigged" sore back and locked up left hip. My son and I raced on his old cross country course on Sunday afternoon in the rain and 50 MPH wind and it took a half mile to get the hip lose enough to get into a rhythm. To complete our trip down memory lane, we stopped at the mom and pop ice cream shop by Maxwell Park for a shake like we did in high school. Took 36 hours to get all that inflammation out of my system. BTW, my doctor wife thinks the sugar thing is all in my head...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)