AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More on Vegetable Oils
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jwal10
Posted 4/18/2023 10:57 (#10191690 - in reply to #10191043)
Subject: RE: association vs causation

Western Oregon
John, I appreciate your keeping us informed. After my heart scare. I went to classes with the nutritionist my insurance provided. She told me only pastured butter and extra virgin cold pressed olive oil. I only use pastured goats milk for dairy, home processed, since birth. I liked bacon and used a little of the grease to cook with for years but can not handle the chemicals used. I raised the pigs and smoked my own but just not worth it at this time to find good clean pork.

I have brain fog from too many surgeries so with the help of the nutritionist I stick to a very short list of foods. so strict that I don't even use spice mixes of any kind. Just pepper, sea salt. I like to cook on an open fire and use a smoker to add flavor. Grains are only oats and wild rice. A few canned beans, rinsed, for convenience. Chili, vegetable spaghetti, beef and chicken pot roast, fresh vegetables, fruits, berries, herbs, grass fed beef, bison, free range chicken and fish. Gather walnuts, hazelnuts and hickory nuts. We grow what we eat, have a small greenhouse. We buy very little, some bananas, sea salt, black pepper, a few lemons, etc. Clean, simple, fresh foods. Wife does like her cup of coffee and dark chocolate, lol. She also uses almond juice. We are both on strict diets, she has dairy intolerance, advanced fibro (35 yrs) and IBS issues. Some very heavy meds. No meds for me. I have made it to 67....James
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)