AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how do you remove this oven door
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

moon1234
Posted 4/11/2023 22:32 (#10182850 - in reply to #10178201)
Subject: RE: how do you remove this oven door

De Forest, WI
Chris - 4/8/2023 08:02

Whirlpool oven.

An older model, all I can find is how to remove the door on newer models.

This hinge on the door is below.  I would like to remove the door to access the heating element attachments without falling on the door.

Whirlpool RF366PXYQ

On newer ovens there is a flip over catch next to the hinge on each side. You open the door partially and then flip the catch. Once that is done you partially close the door and it lifts right out. Have had to do it multiple times. They use cheap ass sheet metal screws now on the bottom of the door to hold the layers together. Over time they work themselves loose and the glass front on the oven become loose.

Mine is a kitchenaid double oven. I would never buy another. Everything is cheap cheap with parts made in China. This a $1700 range a couple years back. The blue porcelaine interior is flaking off in spots. Two bad rheostats. A broken push on burner knob broke; plastic on the back side.

I would spend the money and buy a Wolf or Bluestar for the next one. I’m so sick of all of the cheap crap appliances. The only ones that have held up for us are the German Miele and Bosch. You pay for it though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)