AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Black sea agreement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Deltamudd
Posted 3/19/2023 10:52 (#10147654 - in reply to #10147256)
Subject: RE: Black sea agreement

I disagree with a lot of what you said in your posts. But only one point I want to talk about and it’s one of the first things you mention. The rest of it, it should follow, should then also be up for scrutiny.

“China trade war agreement occurred during a time of abundance and low prices and the conclusion of that agreement kicked off the move to high prices”

Prices began climbing in august of 2020. Well after the January signing had happened. I guess not necessarily saying it didn’t cause high prices but I think it’s unlikely. By end of year “China bought only 58 percent of the US exports it had committed to purchase under the agreement, not even enough to reach its import levels from before the trade war.” And I know trumps everyone’s savior but guys this wasn’t really a win for him. Or it was in name only.

But what happened to then raise prices? Well covid money started hitting the markets in March of 2020. The congress covid money. Now trump did pass this. And it has been a great source of the pain for most of America economically recently but it increased inflation substantially and that helps farmer, even if only for a time, and he should get credit for that
The other thing was In June July august some ocean water somewhere dropped like 2 degrees and that signaled La Niña was coming.

Whoops it was July august September and it was -.6

Edited by Deltamudd 3/19/2023 10:54

(A54B392E-5B43-4EAD-A773-C809406F8B9D (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments A54B392E-5B43-4EAD-A773-C809406F8B9D (full).png (377KB - 16 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)