AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has anyone made a grain inventory database in Microsoft Access?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

GSCJasBo
Posted 1/22/2023 13:06 (#10053154 - in reply to #10050780)
Subject: RE: Has anyone made a grain inventory database in Microsoft Access?

Warm Springs, GA
Access is more than capable of running your Grain Inventory - I am the new user mentioned earlier, that has a grain program designed by farmers. But we are having excellent success with Access. We are switching to SQL Express with Access as the front end. (BTW - I have been around for years under a different name - did not mean to offend anyone)

But Access will run your grain inventory. I am more than happy to show you what we built, but we are in the software business.

To show good faith here is something you and many other could easily put together, And I am MORE THAN WILLING to show you how to do this without showing our software.

Create an Excel spreadsheet in TABLE format, then download PowerBI for free to create your reports. ANYONE who uses Excel needs to use PowerBI with it. There is a touch of a learning curve, but it is like adding tracks to your combine in a wet season.

Microsoft has poured millions of dollars into Power BI so it can be connected to Excel, I can't say enough about how you need to be going to that technology. This is purely for everyone's benefit, not my company.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)