AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else annoyed by Quickbooks costs? Any realistic alternatives?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

bmatteson
Posted 1/16/2023 18:12 (#10043482 - in reply to #10039536)
Subject: RE: Anyone else annoyed by Quickbooks costs? Any realistic alternatives?

NEND

How complex is your payroll? I’ve been doing it for 25 years in a spreadsheet and Quicken. I have tables set up with the Federal and State withholdings that I update every year. Each employee is on a separate worksheet, one line in a table for each paycheck. Summary page that adds everyone’s total up. Another sheet for each employee that I print out with two paycheck summaries that are automatically pulled from the last paycheck. I give them one with their check, and staple one to there timecard before I file it away. I have memorized transactions in Quicken for each person that has the categories all set up, including the employer share of FICA and Medicare that goes into accounts that I can do a report on the month-end balances for submitting them withholdings. I haven’t gone as far as printing out W-2’s with it because I prefer to have our accountant do that, but I can easily pull up a report in Quicken to have the numbers for her. Actually I usually verify my numbers with my spreadsheet and send her a report from there, it’s organized a bit better. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)