AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eating at restaurants
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DC4020
Posted 12/9/2022 08:05 (#9973522 - in reply to #9973152)
Subject: RE: Eating at restaurants

Central Ga
Clay SEIA - 12/8/2022 22:42

DC4020 - 12/8/2022 18:57 We eat out often in order to socialize as well as give my wife a break. We typically get excellent service at our preferred restaurants. My wife and I also enjoy a “date night” occasionally and usually go to a nice restaurant and enjoy a good meal that we don’t have to cook and also don’t have to clean up. As far as waiting…I don’t know how many tables a server is typically responsible for. Unfortunately you are not their only responsibility unless it’s really early, late, or slow. Put yourself in their shoes for a moment. Many of them bust their butt serving customers that are demanding, rude, and impossible to please. Also, many restaurants are severely understaffed these days.

Mine works one night a week at a small town bar here for "fun money" besides her real job.  You want to come to a town with 300 people and get a properly made Old Fashioned, Manhattan, Clover Club, Amaretto Sour, Mint Julep, etc?   Better come to Pecks when Megan works on Wednesday- and people do.   

We were eating at a hotel 200 miles away and when the waitress came back to see if we were ready to settle the bill, we had all the plates, napkins, etc. set up at the side of the table just how Megan would want to clean it off.   The waitress stopped for a couple seconds and said "at least one of you has waited tables."   Getting good service is a two-way street. 

Didn’t know a town of 300 existed where you can get a good drink! We travel a lot…really enjoy a road trip through the rural areas. Where is Peck’s? Sounds like it’s worth a stop, but where is the closest hotel. lol In regards to your last sentence, you nailed it!

Edited by DC4020 12/9/2022 08:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)