AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New drone business tips? How to Charge?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

VBarBar
Posted 10/10/2022 12:35 (#9880741 - in reply to #9871645)
Subject: RE: New drone business tips? How to Charge?

Central Coast, California
In my experience the pricing breakdown is very similar to what basic photographers do.

X number of dollars for a session with a guarantee of so many pictures or so many minutes of video. It needs to be very specific in the contract what is to be expected by both parties. Different type of situations/events/subjects all have their specific needs so some trial and error will be involved.

The tough part on the drone photography is the barrier for entry has gotten pretty low. Lots of people have their own drones and do a decent job. In order to make a go you will need to be GREAT at it. That means both in the taking of the videos but also in the back end on the editing part.

I have a buddy that does this very high end now (think Honda / Redbull / Boot Barn). He is constantly buying crazy custom drones and cameras to stay on the bleeding edge, but he tells me the most expensive part of every shoot whether its pictures but especially video is the editing. That means very fast computer great graphics card with TONS of storage.

Once all that is figured out then you figure out what it takes to do a 10 minute harvest video, or a 5 minute facility tour, or a 2 minute event promo, or a year long timelapse of a building project.

That means they should probably take six months or a year of weekends and go out making fully polished videos. Learn how to upload. Learn how to pace the movement to the music.

In the business your going into it will take alot to seperate yourself from the cousin who just went to best buy. You have to make people go "damn their good!"

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)