AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New drone business tips? How to Charge?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 10/6/2022 20:16 (#9876204 - in reply to #9871645)
Subject: RE: New drone business tips? How to Charge?

Middlesex County, Ontario
DJI has an app for apple and android. I believe you can set the app to sync pictures to the tablet as soon as the pictures are taken (while the drone is still in the air). You'll have to use that tablet to fly.

So you could get the biggest brightest screen android or apple tablet, use it to fly and take pictures.

You could show the pictures to the prospective customers right on the tablet. You want the pictures to look good, so get the biggest and brightest screen you can.

If you got a tablet with a sim card and a data plan then you could email the pictures to the customer right on the spot. If I'm buying a picture in a frame I want a digital copy too, I think most customers would want digital copies these days. You could offer a discount for digital copy only?

You could get a square reader and accept credit card payment right from the tablet if you wanted to.

I don't really know how to run the sales pitch smoothly at the door though. Are you going to knock on the door a minute after you took the pictures? With it being so easy to re-take pictures, people are going to want you to re-take them from some other angle. Tablets are hard to see in sunlight. I don't know how you'd run the sales process without eventually having some prospective customers sitting in your car's passenger seat (out of the sun) looking at the tablet and telling you where to fly.

With the plane guys it was take it or leave it. No digital copies, no original film, discount if you don't buy the frame. It'd be an easier sales pitch to run at the door than drone pictures are.

The plane guys don't really come around anymore. For the price of 2 plane pictures you can buy an entry level drone and take as many pictures as you want.

Edit: My mind was stuck on trying to replicate what the plane guys do. Maybe instead of just selling a picture, you can sell an experience. The DJI smart controller has an hdmi output that you can connect to a computer monitor or a tv or whatever. What if instead of just selling a picture (that they'll want from a different angle anyway), you sell an aerial farm tour. A battery lasts 34 minutes, make it a 30 minute flight experience. Stick a (bright screen) tv in the trunk of your car and pack a few lawn chairs. Park in the shade, seat everyone in front of the screen, and let them tell you where to fly. Let them tell you where to take pictures, they can take as many pictures as they want. They get a USB stick with a video of the flight and all the pictures after the tour is done. Maybe you can have a youtube channel and you can upload the video there for them to share with friends. You'll learn all the easy ways to wow people that haven't seen a drone before, people love horizontal shots from maximum altitude, or straight down shots of silos. I would have paid for that experience 10 years ago, I don’t think I would now (have flown one enough times that it’s not a special treat anymore), but someone might.

Video goggles in an air conditioned van would be slick too. Or connect to their living room tv. Different options?

Edited by WildBuckwheat 10/6/2022 20:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)