AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader YM2000 installation instructions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/11/2022 07:05 (#9839120 - in reply to #9838427)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader YM2000 installation instructions

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The .pdf provided above should be very helpful. Hopefully your kit came out of one of those combines. If not the wiring connectors, brackets etc. will be slightly different.

I had one of the first YM2000 in a Deere 7720 combine. Since I worked for an Ag Leader dealer, I had the opportunity to switch to the PF3000 when they first came out. The two are interchangeable as far as wiring goes. That means that a PF3000 operators manual would be helpful for the install although the operation on the display is much different.

As far as ground speed: You may have two choices 1) Ground speed from the GPS or 2) ground speed from the transmission. The ground speed from the transmission would require a Tee cable to tie into the existing speed sensor. The type of connector will vary depending on if the previous owner used the same model combine as you have. Otherwise it should be possible to to a little homemade splicing. The YM2000 will allow you to choose whether to use GPS or the ground speed transmission sensor. You should calibrate the ground speed sensor before doing any harvesting. It will default to a value of 2000 which will likely need to be changed.

You mention the moisture sensor in the bubble up auger. That is how mine was done in those days. It does work but the elevator side mount is better. Using the bubble up auger requires cutting out some of the flighting so the grain is pushed past the sensor. If you don't remove the flighting, it will destroy the fin on the moisture sensor.

You will need to enter some values for your combine as far as its width etc. You will also need to enter some values that are specific to your make and model.

There are likely several other things I have forgotten to mention. I would say your chances of success are about 50-50 considering all the obstacles. I guess you might as well go for it. Other than cutting the flighting you won't do much damage and can always remove it. I believe you can set the YM2000 so that you could enter a manual moisture setting. This might be an option to try at first before cutting the flighting. If you can get it work with a manual setting to your satisfaction, you might then be brave enough to cut the flighting and actually install the moisture sensor for auto moisture.

I'm concerned that you might do a fair amount of work and then become discouraged and wish you had never tried to install it. I've done things like that myself. Some pictures of what you have would allow some of us to help identify what you have.

Edited by tedbear 9/11/2022 07:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)