AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

yield loss from hail at late dough/early dent
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kb ag
Posted 8/9/2022 23:45 (#9789283 - in reply to #9789246)
Subject: RE: yield loss from hail at late dough/early dent

nc ks
According to insurance adjusters, you have no loss. Just spent the hot afternoon with them and unless you have a bunch of greensnap in there, they pay nothing. Only the amount of leaf area that is completely torn from the plant counts as damage, The leaf can be totally shredded and hanging straight down 3' lower in the canopy than it was when it was erect and they say that that is not a problem, still feeding the ear. Corn hail insurance is a scam. I wouldn't have taken it if it wasn't for the green snap coupled to it but I won't be taking it at all from here on out. I'd rather lose 10 times the amount in a storm than ever give them a dime again.

Edit to add, just because you see all that leaf matter on the ground, it is inconsequential. They put all the leaves from top to bottom in the equation and even if you lost all of the top few leaves, the bottom ones are just as important in their equation and of course the bottom 5 leaves will only have 5% damage and totally blow up any claim even though we know it is the leaves above the ear that do the heavy lifting. We have had bad green snap above the ear before and there is no question what the leaves above the ear bring to the table. The ears that only have perfect leaves below the ear just fade all the way to maturity.

I will say that I am not saying the adjusters were wrong given the rules they were given, but RCIS is garbage.

Edited by kb ag 8/9/2022 23:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)