AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Marketing averages
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

sloughclub
Posted 7/2/2022 03:56 (#9730239)
Subject: Marketing averages

Southern Missouri
At close for our area cash prices on Friday ,my marketing for new crop ,and this relation doesn’t say anything about percentages of production sold just my average price on what is sold and wondering how it stacks up to other farmers thinking on new crop sales.My soybean forward contract average is still a dollar a bushel below what I could get right now.My corn new crop sales are 75 cents above what I could get right now and my cotton new crop sales are nearly a third higher than I could get as of now. Of course I have more acres of soybeans than anything else and kind of glad I do right now, just wondering if my actions in pulling the marketing trigger average anywhere near what others have done .

And by the way new crop prices here closed Friday at 6.31 new crop corn and 14.40 new crop soybeans.And the reason I say I’m glad on my soybean acres percentage is my corn is right in the middle of pollination and it’s a blast furnace out there the last few days and forecast says more days like it in the coming week, we water every sq ft so it’s not the moisture for me but this dang heat is relentless this year for us.

Edited by sloughclub 7/2/2022 04:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)