AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pro700 Side By Side AB Lines?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/30/2022 08:28 (#9727636 - in reply to #9727534)
Subject: Modified approach for marking new tile lines

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Like I mentioned, I have done this with my Ranger but find it easier just to use the tractor. Many years ago I mapped some newly installed tile lines with my combine without a head. Again the equipment was already in there and I just drove over the tile lines which the combine could handle driving over the tile lines much easier than bouncing around in my ATV.

Some of my neighbors were a bit puzzled when they saw me driving around a harvested sweet corn field with my combine without a head but it gave them something to talk about.

For the tile lines, I setup a planting configuration for a small planter. I picked an odd crop for our area such as peanuts. By choosing a planting configuration, I am able to set different "varieties" which are really the tile line sizes or names. I might have one "variety" named OLD MAIN, another as NEW 4", NEW MAIN, etc. That way the onscreen and eventual printed maps have a color coded legend. Driving around the outside of a field can create a picture frame which may be helpful for a outside frame of reference.

Edited by tedbear 6/30/2022 08:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)