AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto Start Well Generator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jimgen
Posted 6/27/2022 20:19 (#9724213 - in reply to #9723215)
Subject: RE: Auto Start Well Generator

central mich

I don't know of a specific unit. But we would just build our own. In fact we are building a similar starter now. It will start the block heater on a large drag line when the weather is cold. It will be governed by a clock and we are going the start the gen set at 3am. And it will have some options .

Basicly on the pivot I would assume you would want to water for a period of time or perhaps the position of the pivot. On our Valleys we have the electromechanical switches up on the tower and also the panel controls.
So a person would have to have some method to initiate the start. And as Jersey says the auto start panel has a set of cold contact terminal strip that initiates the start. I suppose a person could leave the breaker closed and have the generator set start the well motor as the engine starts and ramps up.
After all the volts/hz would be maintained so essentially a soft start. But I would not engineer it that way. But we would start the gen set, let it warn up a bit and then after the time delay apply power to a contactor after the closed gen set breaker. At that point there is power to the irrigation panel. So at the irrigation panel there would lots of options to start the pump and shut it down. After the signal from the panel calls for shut down then we would time delay the shut down of the gen set. The Deep Sea auto start panels have a lot of options on them and my guys set everything with the lap top. And they have engine software for JD, Cummins , Volvo, Cat and Detroit. So on the electronic engines there are also options. I would say a good irrigation tech for the brand name of panel would pretty much know how to figure it out as he knows the panel. He just needs to know when to close and open the auto start cold contacts. And then set up the gen set as I have mentioned. It is fairly simple.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)