AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Let's try this question another way
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 6/23/2022 15:14 (#9717964 - in reply to #9717931)
Subject: RE: Let's try this question another way

southern MN
I read his thread on conditions with farming.

He mentioned he was going to ask for help in a different thread, and I avoided that thread entirely.

I assume you are referring to that. And I did not view it I am only guessing that is your reference?

I do not like go fund me type internet pleas. I find them rather vulgar.

The govt puts out a safety net across the country with my tax money.

I can help local people I know them or their families with local fund raisers.

My church fits somewhere in the middle of supporting local and more national groups with some funds. As well established groups like Red Cross, march of dimes, and all similarly gather money and pass it on to established chains of use that funnels money from many to help many. (I hope at least.)

I can understand these three types of putting out a helping hand.

I do not, at all, like some individual getting a national podium and gathering money from all across the land just for them. It uses theater and acting and some ‘wow factor’ to grab everyone’s attention and funnel money to just one person.

I find that offensive. Selfish. Vulgar.

With social media and ‘news’ what it is, I see this happening more and more often.

So, when someone comes around the internet and asks for money for me me me, I turn a very cold shoulder.

If that is what happened, what you are generally asking about, that is my opinion of it.

If something else was going on and my comments don’t fit your question, I apologize.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)