AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Please, help with rebuilding my parents house
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

harristonloam
Posted 6/21/2022 11:08 (#9714825 - in reply to #9714795)
Subject: RE: Please, help with rebuilding my parents house

Alberta Canada
I don't know how you can look at pictures of the devastation of war, and conclude that we need to make it worse.

This war could likely have been resolved the same way as the Cuban missile crisis.

This is how the Cuban missile crisis was resolved.

"After several days of tense negotiations, an agreement was reached between Kennedy and Khrushchev: publicly, the Soviets would dismantle their offensive weapons in Cuba and return them to the Soviet Union, subject to United Nations verification, in exchange for a US public declaration and agreement to not invade Cuba again. Secretly, the United States agreed with the Soviets that it would dismantle all of the Jupiter MRBMs which had been deployed to Turkey against the Soviet Union. There has been debate on whether or not Italy was included in the agreement as well. While the Soviets dismantled their missiles, some Soviet bombers remained in Cuba, and the United States kept the naval quarantine in place until November 20, 1962.[5]

When all offensive missiles and the Ilyushin Il-28 light bombers had been withdrawn from Cuba, the blockade was formally ended on November 20. The negotiations between the United States and the Soviet Union pointed out the necessity of a quick, clear, and direct communication line between the two superpowers. As a result, the Moscow–Washington hotline was established. A series of agreements later reduced US–Soviet tensions for several years, until both parties eventually resumed expanding their nuclear arsenals."
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)