AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A fun stop to learn about peanuts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

KINGFISH
Posted 6/14/2022 18:18 (#9705342 - in reply to #9705189)
Subject: RE: A fun stop to learn about peanuts

Eakly Okla.
My 1st time working in peanut field I was barely big enough to drive tractor and pull a hay rack for guys to load peanut vines on it so I could take it to a thresher very similar to that one. Some of the hay racks were pulled with horses then also. Probably 70 ish years ago. The chute under the pulley by where you are standing in pic was where peanuts came out into a square wooden box then the women scooped them up and poured them into used potato sacks then sewed them shut. Come noon time if we could start before noon there were other women cooking for the crews and usually quite a feast. The hay that came out of back of machine was pitch forked into a hugh stack to be fed to livestock in winter time. Peanut hay is very desireable hay still in this time of days. Now a days 1 machine can do many times over what they did back then. We now dump into dump cart to be dumped into semi and go to the buying point to sell or if a little to much moisture they put them on dryer. What was the one row looking machine with a seat on it. Looks like a rotary how or maybe a hay tedder???

Edited by KINGFISH 6/14/2022 18:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)