AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone with a hotspot from Calyx Institute membership?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 3/18/2022 13:33 (#9567279 - in reply to #9567161)
Subject: RE: Anyone with a hotspot from Calyx Institute membership?

KY

Cricket pings AT&T towers which I have very very limited and sporadic success with hitting.  Due to that we switched to a local in-state provider about 8 years ago, they sold to Verizon last year and we're grandfathered in on our devices and hotspots under the existing plan, but they found a way to get around that end of this year so we are exploring options.  Our security system runs off of t-mobile network and has never failed to have connection (no idea at what speed) and the receiver is behind several walls and under a steel roof, so there's hope there.  Have been on the backlog for Starlink for around 15 months, hoping that comes to fruition this calendar year.  I joined the Calyx institute this morning and they are shipping me a 5G/4G capable hotspot.  If that works AT LEAST as good as our current hotspots, with it being truly unlimited (for the time being anyway) I will tether that into a router and broadcast that signal throughout the house.  I also have a WeBoost antenna setup that will help with reception, all I need is a little signal and the WeBoost usually takes care of the rest.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)