AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Slow hydraulics on JD 4430
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 6/11/2009 20:13 (#741679)
Subject: Slow hydraulics on JD 4430

East Central Arkansas
  My neighbor has a 4430 that he is having problems with the hydraulics working slowly. This tractor has the syncrorange transmission. A couple of weeks ago he had trouble with the steering one mourning not working right and had unhooked from the inplement he was using to change tractors. After unhooking and when he was moving the tractor out of the way the steering started working again so he hooked back up to implement and used for several more days without any problems. He is now having trouble with the hydraulics not wanting to raise the cylinder on his 6 row do-all. It is very slow and will not raise the do-all completely. The main pump on the front of the tractor is leaking some but I have seen them leak a lot worse and still work. I had him change the hydraulic filter and clean the screen in the trans case and this helped very little if at all. Any suggestions as to where one needs to start? Is the 30 and 40 series basically the same . I have 40 series shop book I could study up on some.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)