AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH units with Finger Meters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dan_wcIN
Posted 6/11/2009 13:01 (#741234 - in reply to #741171)
Subject: RE: Case IH units with Finger Meters

It made a Crop

I toyed with the idea. mounting the meters would not be to bad. Some custom fab work could make it work. Then there is the challenge of getting the seed from the meter to the ground.  With to use the Early Riser seed tube or a JD style Bullseye aftermarket tube.    If you can't get the flow smooth your going to still have spacing issues.

I'm starting to think a set of Mini-Hoppers designed for the Early Riser row unit might work best. And switch out to 1200 seed tube.  I not sure why you could still use the Cyclo to feed the Mini Hoppers.   You just need to add the Vacuum system.  Or you could go with regural 1200 row unit hoppers.  But I like the idea of not having 50-75 lbs of seed weighting down the row unit.  If you remove the Cyclo Seed Hopper you might be able to use the PTO pump and motor to run the Vacuum.

I've just got to start comparing the details of the 1200 row unit the early 800-900. I'm pretty sure mounting the seed meter and meter drive would not be a big deal. You could just buy part # 197332A3.  What would be nice is a upgrade kit for a cyclo to ASM.

(001CSIH-470381.gif)

(001CSIH-61005.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 001CSIH-470381.gif (30KB - 331 downloads)
Attachments 001CSIH-61005.gif (34KB - 304 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)