AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much are autosteers running$$$
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Virginia Veg.
Posted 6/10/2009 19:31 (#740124 - in reply to #739926)
Subject: Re: How much are autosteers running$$$

Eastern VA. No such thing as too many Magnums.
They advertise WAAS at 6-8", OmniXP 3-5", OmniHP 2-4". It's been just as advertised for the units we have. I think XP would be good enough to plant corn. If you have small fields surrounded by thick tall trees, Omni may not be for you. Need a good open sky to the south. Omni was a big improvement for us. We pull raised beds and don't use markers anymore, its a beautiful thing. All my markers are in a pile on the edge of the swamp now.

WAAS is free, but you will get drift from one day to the next, and occasionally you get a random shift when you turn around, sometimes as much as a couple feet. It will usually keep a straight line, you just have to nudge from time to time. Still a very nice system for spraying, tillage, spreading, drilling and so forth, just not quite good enough to plant corn in our experience. Others seem to have success. You could try WAAS and then upgrade if you think you need it.

Like I always say. I have yet to hear of someone who didn't like autosteer and regretted buying it. If anything they get a few more.

http://ez-guide.com/home.shtml
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)