AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ford Versatile 9680 Surging Hydraulic?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CND
Posted 6/3/2009 00:57 (#731142)
Subject: Ford Versatile 9680 Surging Hydraulic?

Anamoose, ND
We are trying to finish up seeding here and the hydraulics on our 9680 have started to act funny. I have the tractor hooked to a Bourgault airdrill. I am running both fans at about 3500 rpm. Everything is fine until you go to lift the drill out of the ground then the hydraulics make a surging-pounding noise and it is very slow to lift. I have tried setting the drill lift hydraulic speed both faster and slower and it makes no difference. I changed the main hydraulic filter and verified that the reservoir is above full. I used the drill earlier this season with both fans running and I never had this problem. One odd thing is that if I idle the tractor down below 1500 rpm's it lifts the drill fast with no noise or surging. Today while filling the drill I had the main fan running and when I used the splitter valve on the aircart to divert oil to the fill auger it made the same noise while it was idling. I felt the oil line going to the oil cooler and you could feel the line pulsate. Any one else have this problem before? To me it is almost like a relief valve or something is stuck. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)