AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MX 240 is down again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pudding
Posted 5/26/2009 06:57 (#723162 - in reply to #723019)
Subject: Re: MX 240 is down again

Somewhereville, Earth
i replace a lot of steel lines with hose under MX's in he last few years, I am a caseIH fan but really hate them for building the MX magnum lol.....the new ones with the raised cab are nicer thou. 2 wire hose far exceeds the spec of what you need and should be what he used.......

one wire hose depending on the brand is rated from 2200-3000psi, the relief on those things is about 2800psi. but there are hoses operating at lower pressures under there, depending on the hose, i dissagree with your statement about how steel pipe is stronger

i would rather a rubber hose in that application any day

but that is for the small lines

the delivery off the pump is a funny hose, that has a long tail on one end, its a sod of a design, uses a 1in id 4 wire hose, long drop ORFS elbow on one end and long special tail on the other with 1in code61 flange, i have seen a few crack where the flange attached to the pipe

steel pipe between two fixed points on a machine like that works in theory, providing there is enough bends in the pipe to all expansion and movement, but ultimated steel will fatigue, those small steel lines under there they either fatigue, or pop the little O ring out of the end, replace em with hose at every opportunity, and always renew the O'rings in the port adapters

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)