AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 60
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BillNNY
Posted 5/17/2009 12:08 (#716344 - in reply to #715752)
Subject: RE: John Deere 60

After reading some of the responses,,,, a thought I had was make sure you check the brakes. If the brakes are set or stuck, they will cause trouble.
Release the brakes and you should be able to wiggle the brake drums. If the brakes are fine,, proceed with the tranny checkout.

The transmission, as stated , is simple and easy to get into to check the shifting forks.
If you need to get in to move a fork, then lifting the quadrant up will be fine. If not, then some disassembly will be required.
Remove hood bolts by steering/dash pedestal, remove starter foot pedal pin, remove bolts that hold the shift quadrant to the transmission case.
Stand on the platform and lift the steering wheel. There will be enough clearance made to reach in with a long screwdriver/ skinny pry bar and move the shifting fork.

I have done this multiple times on a 50, 60 and a 630. All of them had the hi-lo fork jump into neutral while in some gear. The long term fix for my tractors is to open up tranny and check detents and bearings. Adjust and repair as needed.

Hopefully for you its a simple issue.
HTH
Bill
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)