AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD7200 vac now works....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Virginia Veg.
Posted 5/14/2009 19:31 (#713553 - in reply to #713511)
Subject: RE: JD7200 vac now works....

Eastern VA. No such thing as too many Magnums.
Glad you got the vac figured out. Now explain why you're using the sump return line for the lift? We use the sump return line for the vacuum motor return, and just plug the hoses for the lift wheels in to the SCV. Maybe I misunderstood. What are you using the 3rd remote for? (You said two are returning to SCV and one to sump) Do you have hydraulic seed drive or independant markers or something? Chemical pump?

I think you COULD buy a new valve if you wanted to get rid of the priority on #1, but I wouldn't bother. Too expensive and a lot of effort. I don't think you need to get a PTO pump. I've been running vacs from the SCV since forever. Never had a problem, however, we aren't much using the other SCVs at the same time. We run a big lime spreader with hydraulic spinners and hydraulic conveyor chain. It utilizes two remotes constantly at the same time and uses a heck of a lot more oil than the planter ever does, and still no issue. We just use #2, and #3.

By the way, why did you swap out your vac chamber covers? I have a planter with 8 fiberglass hoppers, and 2 poly hoppers. It has 8 old style chamber covers and 2 new style. The have different shaped seals like you mentioned, but I haven't had any problems with that, even with the esets. Why the changeover?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)