AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

?? for all you "raziscists"........and construction guys...........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 5/10/2009 18:57 (#709200 - in reply to #709145)
Subject: RE: ?? for all you "raziscists"........and construction guys...........

I'd knock it down before I burned it to keep it more convined. Not that much of a safety hazard, especially with a track hoe. Like the other post said you'd be amazed at how fast a hoe could have it in a pile on the ground. Around here we can't burn it so we get big dumpsters and send it to a demolition landfill. A hoe with a thumb can scrunch up a house and load it in a dumpster pretty quick.

If I had a ditch that could use some fill I would go dig a hole and then load the whole works out including the rock wall and start with clean dirt for your fill.

Without actually seeing what is there my first thought of having the rock wall broken down and in there and then trying to dig piers or a footing through it is heartburn waiting to happen.

Around here they lay ribbons of concrete and let buildings "float" on top of the ground, I've also seen them dig 3x3 holes for piers, but we don't deal with as much frost as you do.

I would stick to the piers, but don't worry about the compaction issues of the dirt as much, do it right, but don't expect fresh fill to hold up the building, especially if it's more on one end than on the other. I'd put the dirt back in the hole and go get some sonatube, dig your piers deep enough you are below frost lines AND below any level of fill dirt. The tubes will keep your fresh dirt from caving in before you get a chance to pour the concrete.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)