AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need advice on scrapers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

crabby
Posted 5/11/2009 00:54 (#709823 - in reply to #709094)
Subject: RE: Need advice on scrapers

SW Missouri
I've ran several different setups, dollys, drawbar & tandems, even pulled a triple once. Most of my experience has been with a 16 yard Ashland dolly scraper & a Cat 65.

With the information you gave I would go with a dolly type scraper. I've got both kinds and the dolly style gets used more often because you can be hooked up and running in 5 minutes. I wouldn't be too worried about the drawbar mounted on the ag tractor with as little as you have to do, but why take the chance of having your big tillage tractor down when you need it or voiding a warranty when it's not necessary. Make sure you get an ejection style scraper if your going to be working in clay, sod or mud, nothing is more frustrating than spending 2/3 of your time trying to get the scraper unloaded. Also, if you are going to be in clay, don't worry about having a pan wide enough to take out your tire tracks. The only reason to have a wider pan is if you are trying to level fields like they do in the delta. And what ever you do get the biggest size tires on it you can. Nothing sinks fast in a mud hole than a scraper full of dirt.

I've got an 18 yard Ashland direct mount or a 16 yard Ashland dolly type that I would sell or rent either one if that would help you out and it looks as though we are fairly close. Let me know if I can help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)