AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Not his best day in law enforcement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

95h
Posted 5/10/2009 16:44 (#709108 - in reply to #709019)
Subject: RE: Yah there was some humor grabbing the subject's "privates" and

Kittitas Co. Wa. State

you didn't 'have to' remove the video.  It wasn't going to make suspects any smarter about how to avoid having cops find weapons, etc.. when they get searched. That video should be included in every training,,, "this is how it is NOT DONE.."

In another lifetime, I taught pat searching and for several years was a Trainer at the State Corrections Academy.  The student's final test included doing things like a correct pat search and I was the "bad guy".  I failed many a student for missing little things like guns, 7-10 inch knives, Cuff keys, Simulated drugs and drug parfirnailia, (sp)  You name it and I could get it past a poor pat search. 

They were unhappy and whinned I was "too hard" on them.  When I explained I really didn't care about "their feelings" at all, I was more concerned that Other Officer's could very well be hurt or killed because of their sloppy laxidasical approach to a "pat search". And,, how would they feel knowing their failure meant some other person would be going to the hospital or morgue instead of home at the end of their shift they understood.. Didn't like failing one little bit but understood. 

I was almost shot because of a "failure to pat search".  Officer brought in a subject for DUI. Officer admitted to not Pat searching the subject to which I requested he pat search anyway.  Having the drunk stand still the Officer began his search...  reaching into one of the subject pockets the Officer pulled out a semi-auto.  The Officer began shaking so violently he could not control himself and was white as the day he will die. He was actually trying to control his arms but was pointing the gun at me..  (I do believe the Officer actually lost control of his bladder) I reached over put my hand on top of his, forcing his hand down and told the Officer to give me the gun before I got shot, and asked him to just control his prisoner instead.  I unloaded and secured the weapon in a weapon's locker.  The gun was fully loaded including 1 round in the chamber.

The Officer was so visibly shaken had him go get a cup of coffee in the control room, while I processed the inmate into jail.  I then told the Officer the weapon was indeed loaded including one in the chamber, He was still shaking while he said he had not pat searched  NOR had he handcuffed the DUI suspect, and  he had traveled for 25 some miles with an uncuffed unsearched arrestee sitting directly behind him for about 30 minutes.

I told him,,,,  "YOU just got the CHEAPEST and MOST VALUABLE lesson in Law Enforcement available."   The Officer quit less than a year later..... 

2 biggest reasons Cops (regardless of the uniform) get hurt is overreacting to a situation or sloppy/lazy approach when they should be firm/fair/methodical/efficient.

Nother Cop I knew for years got shot under his vest failing to secure a suspect. He got close to the suspect approaching from the front, suspect pulled a 25 auto, reached forward with his "off"hand yanked up on the Officer's vest and with the other "gun hand" shot the Officer upwards under his bulletproof vest.  Yah, Trooper lived,, but it really screwed up his life..

Nother Cop failed the pat search,, got cold-cocked with a tire iron, fortunately  he only blacked out for an instant fell backwards against his patrol car, was just concious enough to draw his weapon to make the subject stand still. He was unable to stand, but,, fortunately,, a passing truck driver saw the Trooper was injured slammed on his brakes and Assisted the Trooper arresting the guy and calling an ambulance for the trooper. Who by that time had lost conciousness from blood loss again...  Truck driver's do sound kinda "different" when on a police radio.. But he probably saved the Trooper's life.

(Yah,, I got plenty more reports on sloppy police antics,,)

Not to sure what "getting laid" has to do with it one way or the other.......  But,,,,,  since you are curious enough to ask,,,,  nope didn't,,, not even married...      Frown

Happy Mother's Day anyway !!

Laughing

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)