AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Biggest Change in Your Lifetime?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mike Shimek
Posted 4/14/2009 07:11 (#679744 - in reply to #679132)
Subject: Re: Biggest Change in Your Lifetime?

High Springs, Florida
A lot of folks down here say Air Conditioning ruined Florida. Made it easy for all those Yankees to come down here. Funny thing though, most of the native Floridians seem to complain about the heat, the most! Me, I was and am tired of being cold. Heat does not bother me, I love it! Well, up to about 92 or so.

I often think how my grandfathers would react if they were brought back to life in the present day. They would be amazed at how nice most peoples houses are, compared to the late 50's and early 60's. TV, now color and HD with hundreds of satellite channels would amaze them. Micowave ovens. (my mother never saw or used one.) They would be amazed at how nice vehicles, particularly pickup trucks are. Most are more luxurious than Caddy's were in the early 60's. Diesels were only for construction and some farm equipment back then. Of course computers and cell phones would really amaze them. A phone you can carry on your belt, that has a built in answering machine? Wow! Most business are now "chains". Not many mom and pop businesses left anymore.

The new tractors with their size, cabs and creature comforts would truly amaze them. Both farmed with John Deere 420's, 40's, A's and B's.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)