AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere 7400 tractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon S
Posted 10/27/2008 21:11 (#492214 - in reply to #492147)
Subject: RE: Deere 7400 tractors

I'm still a QR fan and certainly an SGB style tractor fan, in large part because I know how to repair them with minimal special tools. I just think the PQ is easier to shift. They are definetly synchronized better. When I got the 7410, the linkage was very tight among a lot of other things that needed attention. I cleaned and lubed everything and it speed shifts much better.

If I had criticism of the PQ, it would be that it is not geared well (at least the 7410) for the speeds I am trying to work in. It's fine if I'm working on rough ground.

I was roading my 4455 PS & 15' 750 right behind my 4440 QR & 1590 drill in convoy last Sunday. The 55 would not keep up in 15th on hills while the 4440 was in D4. Both tractors dyno strong on the pto. I'm told that 15th gear robs power like crazy on hills.

I guess if I'm really truthful with myself about the 7410, it's the cab that's the best feature, and maybe that makes some other features seem really swell.

Glad to hear there are some checks and balances in the Viets Bros operation. Wink

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)