AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MN CORS for RTK Drainage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

agboy
Posted 8/4/2008 13:35 (#428170 - in reply to #427676)
Subject: Re: MN CORS for RTK Drainage

Flandreau, SD

I am not saying it is Trimbles problem about signals.  Just making sure that Mn's system is Trimble and that the JD boys will need there own systems anyway, right?

Can they do everything over the internet for service in Iowa?  It is the DOT's network.  They are going to bill the DOT for afterhours to repair a system because a farmer needs it to plant corn on the weekend?

I can't see haveing a statewide system unless there are people all over the state that can service the system when it goes down.  I also can't see the state of Iowa taking calls from farmers complaining that the system  is down and they need it back up to plant corn.

Maybe it is that good and it will never go down in April, May, June?

Everybody says oh this is the SH#(!!!!  we have a FREE RTK network and I get it all free!  Well you have to pay for a service at either the DOT system or a private system so that is bull right there.

If I am paying for a service anyway, I think I would pay for the one that is local and I know they would be out on the weekend to fix it if there is a problem.  I think that is also why everybody always says get whatever system you have a GOOD dealer support service for. Trimble, JD, Outback, whatever.

By the way, I am not involve in a private RTK network of any kind.  I have no stake in it either way. 

Edited by agboy 8/4/2008 13:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)