AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Payment for private purchase
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Henry_Messman_Farms
Posted 12/26/2022 14:54 (#10005434 - in reply to #10005088)
Subject: RE: Payment for private purchase

ECIL
Co worker got burned by a bad cashiers check. By the time he realized it the truck was 3 hours away. They were able to shut it off remotely and locate it. But then he had to drive 3 hours and pay the tow bill and fee to get it out of hock.

I just don’t like dragging 15 grand cash around with me to buy something. Seems like a lot could also go wrong there pretty quickly.

The other thing I don’t like is if I bring a cashiers check or we do a wire transfer. How am I supposed to go look at it and beat you up on price a little if it’s not what I thought it was. So we agree on a price on something sight unseen I drive 2 hours to pick it up and it’s not how you described it and I’m standing there with a 15k cashiers check and think the item is only worth 13k. Now what? Or I want to come look at it first and it is exactly like you describe so I need to go back home to my bank for a wire transfer. In the meantime someone else comes and buys it…

I don’t have an answer to your question. I just wish there were more honest people..

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)