AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ducks are getting killed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

mij
Posted 7/17/2007 14:11 (#175284)
Subject: ducks are getting killed

SC, MN.
I am looking for some thoughts!!!! I have a few (10) white & grey call ducks around the the yard just for fun. They are in a movable cage out in the yard were there is a bunch of grass. They usually get shut in @ nite & let out again in the morning. We'll once in a while we forget to shut the door & sure enough there is 1 dead in the mornig. I am looking for some thoughts as to what may be killing the ducks. The 1st one that we found dead had its neck & part of the wings stripped clean & the rest left behind. A few days later I found 1 w/ the body laying in the grass less than 40ft from the cage w/ the hd bit/pulled off laying close by. For what ever reason I left it there all day and by evening the carcuss was gone. Last nite I was awoke about 1:30 to a god awful squeek/squeel, so I quickly snuuk outside to see what I could find. I found that I had not shut the door & there was another carcuss laying 50-60 ft from the cage w/ it's hd about 2ft from the body. There was ants crawling on the carcuss indicating that it had not been killed w/ in the last 5-7 minutes when i heard the noise. I shut the door and went to bed thinking that I will get out the big box trap & put the carcuss in there & see what happens. The carcuss was gone by 7 A:M. We do not have a dog & very few cats.

I am thinking it could be an owl, hawk, fox or a coyote. Anyone have any thought or things to try to catch my critter. Its hard to start making a plan when you don't know if it fly's or walks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)