AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ducks are getting killed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

WorldsWorstFarmer
Posted 7/20/2007 11:22 (#176568 - in reply to #175284)
Subject: RE: ducks are getting killed

Southern IL
I'm no expert on this, But until 2 years ago, I ran 30,000 birds every year from hatch to finish, sounds to me like you've got a wild tom cat running around, But I've seen cases where minks will kill 100 plus birds in one night and pile them all up in a corner 9 mtimes out of 10 all a mink will do is bite the neck and leave the rest, and also seen cases where a wild tom cat would skin them and pile them up in a corn feild. I've never had any luck what so ever catching a mink in a live trap, always got them with bear traps , got one with my bear hands one time, " damned if I still dont tell stories about that " , if its a tom cat, your best bet could be a live trap then maybe take it for a swim later. its not out of reason, but it could ALMOST sound like a chicken hawk or a white tale could be hanging around, Thats a bird that our state protects, Not that I've ever did it, but the best thing to do on one of them would be to set a bear trap up on a post or on the eve of a shed with alittle bait on it, you'll hafta go out and finish off the bird with a .22, thats about all I can think of, any questions, email me...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)