AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

my friend concern-info on public assistance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

don@nebr
Posted 3/16/2011 12:57 (#1673302)
Subject: my friend concern-info on public assistance

I have posted on this board of this friend before. Generous donations were given.AND much appreciated!!!Thank you!!!!

Not looking for donations(money) just donations of knowledge if possible.

I have a just a 'friend' that lives in small town Arizona on $500 per month total income. Pays rents and utilities out of that. Was working as a teacher in the California prison system when she came down sick that she spends most of the day flat on back in bed. Rest of day in power chair to conserve what energy she can. Is 60-61 years old. Cant take people even talking to her or around her,,,too much stimulation, Has a broken down old Nissan car that is broke more often than running. I have driven it. It drives,,,barely. Think it has 200-300,000 miles about. She does have a 'service dog' that helps her tremendously.

She just posted elsewhere that she runs out of food and money before the ends of the month. Doesnt have enough money to buy needed medicine etc. When I was traveling thru that part of USA a year and half ago stopped to visit her. She never complains of her ill fortune in life.

Back several years ago we helped get her a new computer monitor which she really enjoys to this day!!! In fact the person that did most all of that is still posting on this site,,,and to him,,,thank you so very much!!!!

My question IS,,,there has to be MORE public assistance available to her in some form or another. Where does a friend from 4 states away turn to, look to for ANY help???. She is for real and has a REAL need. Any other ideas on assistance is very much appreciated!!! You can deprive a person of lots of things,,,but decent food for sugar free, gluten free needs people shouldnt be one of them.

Thanks for reading
-don-
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)